Saturday, April 26, 2014

Everything is going to be alright

I can't wait for this run to be over. I'm becoming more and more paranoid. First the foot which still hurts a little and I'm not sure if it'll last the whole distance. Then the weather. Rain on the only day I could have driven to San Luis Obispo, every day another part of my body seems to start hurting and then, yesterday, I felt like I was getting a cold. At work, the lymph nodes behind my ears bugged me, I  kept feeling my forehead because I was sure it was getting hotter by the minute. I swallowed twice as many times as normal to make sure that my throat really wasn't sore and I drank enough hot water to fill a bathtub.

I'm still not certain that I won't get sick. Although I am sure I can never really relate to a condition like that but I feel like I'm having glass bones. With every step I take, everything I do, everything I eat, don't eat, everything I touch, every missing layer of clothing I could cause an injury or condition that could keep me from running. I'm obsessed! And I don't like it. I want to have my life back. I want to go outside, eat, drink run, do whatever I want without being concerned about my physical condition. I mean, of course I don't want to get injured or sick. But usually, a cold is not a big thing. But this time, getting sick or injured would mean that months and months of training and getting up early would have been in vain. 

On the plus side, I really can't wait to run. I'm so full of energy, I fell like a racehorse right before the start. Every single muscle in my body is so ready. My head is already out there, running mile after mile, taking it all in. My bag is packed, I've put the perfect playlist together, my fingernails a bright "Team in Training" purple (with a white "Go Team" painted on it). I'm waiting for my friend to pick me up to drive down to San Luis Obispo. In 24 hours I'll already be running. Hopefully, still. And a few hours later it will be over. One way or another. And I will have my life back. Or I will start training for the next one...






No comments: