Sunday, June 09, 2013

Day 0 - Almost gone

We just returned from a weekend on the lake. Wake boarding, wake skating and wake surfing. It was hot, exhausting, and a lot of fun. Now I'm almost done packing and testing typing on my iPad so that I can blog daily about my trip. It's not a laptop. I kind of feel like using a typewriter. Granted, it has an "INST DEL" key, which is, in my opinion, the most important key on any keyboard, but it still feels a little like the "Adler-Such-System" typing style. Germans know what I am talking about.

In 12 hours I'll be on the road. The first part of my ~ 3k mile/5.000 km ride through North California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nevada. "That's a lot of road." is what one of my friends said, when he saw the route: Ferndale, Coos Bay, Portland, Seattle, Coeur d'Alene, Missoula, Butte, Grand Teton National Park, Twin Falls, Winnemucca, South Lake Tahoe. Or a totally different turnout depending on weather, mood, company, and tons of other circumstances.

I can't wait. I must be the happiest person in the world right now. This morning on a boat, wake boarding like there's no tomorrow, tonight surrounded by friends I love and who love me. Tomorrow on my bike, heading north, bound towards the most beautiful nature in the world. Not to mention the most beautiful roads to ride your bike on.

I AM the happiest person in the world right now.

*****

Wir sind gerade von einem Wochenende am See zurückgekommen. Wakeboarding, Wakeskating, Wakesurfing. Es war heiß, anstrengend und hat jede Menge Spaß gemacht! Jetzt bin ich fast fertig mit Packen und übe Tippen auf meinem iPad, so daß ich täglich über meinen Trip schreiben kann. Es ist kein Laptop. Ist ein wenig so, als ob ich einen Schreibmaschine benutzen würde. Zwar hat es eine "INST DEL" Taste, die meiner Meinung nach die wichtigste Taste auf jeder Tastatur ist, aber es fühlt sich dennoch sehr nach Adlersuchsystem an.

In 12 Stunde befinde ich mic h auf meiner Maschine in Richtung Norden. Auf der ersten Etappe meines  Trips über knapp 3.000 km durch Nordkalifornien, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming und Nevada. "Das ist ne Menge Straße!"hat ein Freund von mir gesagt, nachdem ich ihm die Route gezeigt habe: Ferndale, Coos Bay, Portland, Seattle, Coeur d'Alene, Missoula, Butte, Grand Teton National Park, Twin Falls, Winnemucca, South Lake Tahoe. Oder ein völlig anderer Ablauf, je nach Wetter, Stimmung, Gesellschaft und zig anderer Umstände.

Ich kanns kaum abwarten. Ich muß zur Zeit der glücklichste Mensch auf der ganzen Welt sein. Heute Morgen noch auf dem Boot, wakeboarden als gäbs keinen Morgen, heute Abend umgeben von guten Freunden. Morgen auf meiner Maschine, unterwegs Richtung Norden und der schönsten Natur der Welt. Und den besten Straßen zum Motorradfahren.

Ich BIN der glücklichste Mensch auf der Welt!

1 comment:

Liv said...

You sound euphoric! Enjoy yourself, just don't forget to come back!