Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 7 - "Day off"

Today was a relative slow day. I only had 120 miles to go so I took the opportunity and slept in. The thing that helped me with that was the time difference of one hour. So I woke up an hour later than usual :-).

The part of Montana I drove through was different from Idaho. A lot of green hills with more or less trees and snow capped mountains on the horizon that do not seem to come closer no matter how long you drive.

Very pretty and appropriate for my "day off". However, the thing that does not really help with "taking it easy" in Montana is that the speed limit is 70 miles or 75 on interstates. Which means that you usually go at least 10 miles faster. I suppose less people on a square mile make it less dangerous to drive fast. And you get faster to places, such as your neighbor's house. This state seems even bigger than Idaho. So wide. Open. Free. Lots of cows and green. And very nice people. Such as my inn keepers. After three mojitos and a dinner (at a B&B ) I'm ready to sleep. I also learned that they used to be neighbors with Evel Knievel, who lived two houses away. I guess I will be dreaming of jumping across cars with my Ducati tonight. And I might do it tomorrow if traffic at Yellowstone is too bad :-).

No comments: